Dash Diet is the Diet for Everyone - Period
Diets, Diets & more Diets! Which one to choose? Here is one of the diet everyone is raving about.
Photo via Pixabay
Curious as to what diet I’m talking about? Well, this diet was dubbed the best overall diet among all diets by U.S. News via their website (https://health.usnews.com/bestdiet/best-diets-overall).The diet is called the DASH Diet which has an approach by reducing your high blood pressure by preventing hypertension. The diet assures you to eat all food that contains nutrients to help deflate your high blood pressure. Food that contains high saturated fat, such as fatty meats, full-fat dairy foods, sweetened sugary drinks and sweets are not allowed. The diet promotes healthy eating with nutrients such as potassium, protein, calcium and lots of fiber. The best part about the DASH diet is that the diet is a balanced diet and can be followed long term.
The DOs and the DON’T’s when following the DASH Diet
- DO eat more fish and lean meats but in moderation.
- DO add more vegetables and whole grain foods to your diet.
- DO substitute sweets with fruits.
- DO exercise free fat or low-fat dairy.
- DON’T add salt to your meals. Replace it with herbs & spices.
- DON’T drink too much alcohol.
- DON’T overdo on the red meat as it has much more fat in it than fish and chicken.
Source : U.S. News Health Section
For full article, click link here